Why Choose AACA?
Continuity of Care
• The clinic was established in 1983. Dr. Howland joined the practice in 1991 and Dr. Lieberman joined in 1995. We continue to see patients that have been with the clinic for more than 20 years.
• As allergies have a strong genetic basis, we see many families treating seniors, adults, teens, and young children.
• Dr. Lieberman sees all children and adults up to age 55. Dr. Howland sees children ages 5 and older as well as all adults. Essentially we are able to diagnose and treat allergies in patients of all ages.
• Dr. Howland and Dr. Lieberman are both certified by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology.
• Dr. Lieberman and Dr. Howland are consistently named among Austin’s Best Doctors by Austin Monthly magazine.
• The doctors routinely provide medical education seminars to other physicians in Austin and the state of Texas and work closely with the Texas Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society.
• Dr. Howland and Dr. Lieberman serve as consultants to KVUE TV and appear on a weekly basis to discuss a relevant allergy topic of interest to viewers.
• The doctors also participate in clinical research trials, gaining experience with new allergy and asthma medications years before these new therapies are available on the market.
• You will see your doctor at all office visits for new and follow up appointments. We do not utilize care extenders such as physician assistants or nurse practitioners.
• We are an independent and local practice. We are able to avoid many of the impersonal touches of a large multispecialty clinic. This expands our referral base since we are not bound by ties to a specific multispecialty clinic.
• Word of mouth, most of our new patients have been referred by their families and friends
See a recent interview on KVUE on egg allergy and flu shots
American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
The Food Allergy Network
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Copyright © 2007-2010. Allergy & Asthma Center of Austin. All Rights Reserved